John Klein and Christine Williams spoke on common pitfalls and mistakes for Government Contractors that can land them into trouble. They spoke to the Native Hawaiian Organization Association and have made the slides available below.
John Klein is Associate General Counsel for SBA for Procurement Law and the Suspension and Debarment Official. Here is a brief bio for Mr. Klein:
- Principal legal advisor to senior SBA Agency officials and their staff with respect to the 8(a) Business Development program; the Agency’s Government Contracting programs, including the small business set-aside, subcontracting and Certificate of Competency programs; the HUBZone program; the Small Business Innovation Research program; the Size Standards program; the Service Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business program; and SBA’s internal contracting procedures.
- Suspension and Debarment Official for Procurement and Grant Programs United States SBA.
- Mr. Klein has been a lawyer in SBA’s Office of General Counsel since 1983.
Christine V. Williams is the founder and managing partner at Outlook Law.
- Fellow of the American Bar Association.
- Former Partner at Two International Law Firms.
- Adjunct Law Professor.
- SBA Board for the 10th Region.
- SBA Award for Excellence in Advocacy.
- Nationally Recognized as a Best Lawyer for 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021.
Here are there slides: NHOA October 28 2020 (002)