The U.S. Department of Transportation Releases Revised Guidance regarding Alaska Native Corporations and its Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program
- The guidance issued by DOT is in the form of Q&A/FAQs. Here is the abbreviated version and the link at the bottom.
- ANCs do not have to be 8(a) certified to have the DOT’s ANC regulations apply (like the SBA regulatory format)-meaning ANCSA was recognized
- ANC status of the parent must be established as it is with other programs
- SBA has agreed to certify size
- The request of certification of size requirement can come from the ANC owned firm or the DOT recipient state agency
- 8(a) and three years after still have the same eligibility status